Saturday, January 31, 2009

Looking for Inspiration







Yesterday I went out to the art college for a little look. It was nice to get away from my own project for a bit and look at other peoples work from my own perspective. What I saw was some amazing typography, some interesting sketches and the very very odd toast display. Yes I said toast, about 150 buttered slices on the floor. To me it said this is student life, we live on the same dull food day after day with no room for change. But I’m probably way off the mark here and it’s probably got to do with the evolution of man, apocalypse and recession thrown in for good measure. You gotta love those crazy art students.

I also saw some displays that dealt with audio and video and how there presented. Sadly the photograph didn’t come out well but there were a couple of cool charcoal drawing that played around with the projector display to add subtle motion and the other to tell a story through quick frame changes.

So yeah I’d recommend anyone who feels they are hitting a wall with their FYP to head on over and take a look, clear your head and come back fresh to attack the project head on once again.



No comments: